26 July 2011

early morning? late night.

To most 5 AM usually means an early morning....for me, however, just another late night!

This is actually a really, really short post, but I just needed to share it with you. :)

Rukhaiya had to wake up early in the morning (3:45 am, to be exact) so that she could eat before the sun rose, for her whole fasting thing tomorrow. Like a good roommate, I'm always there. Slash, she invited me for breakfast because she knew that I'd probably still be awake....how true.

So, for breakfast (notice the lack of capitalization because this breakfast was nowhere near as extravagant as The Breakfast), she just made eggs, and I got this brilliant idea for making croissants, considering we've had a Pillsbury can thing chilling in the fridge for quite a while... (coughZachJeremyandRestOfApt302cough)

However, you know me, I can't just make normal croissants. Nah. That'd just be too easy! So, I decided to put a little cheddar cheese in each of the croissants before rolling them :)  I have to admit, all inspirational credit goes to Brendan, who had been fussing with me earlier to make him Cheddar Bay Biscuits. (and to Brendan: yes, you earned the biscuits. I'll make them for you soon! and to everyone else....don't worry. I'll take pictures. lol)

To be honest, I wasn't going to take pictures of these and share them....but after they came out, they just looked SO CUTE (and frankly speaking, so imperfect) that I couldn't resist!

See? Look!



2 comments:

  1. Priti, I have made these croissants with chocolate chips or apple,raisins, cinnamon and cream cheese filling - Mythili almost always requested choc chip ones for her birthday breakfast :) Try them !

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha-these croissants have so much character! In fact they're borderline cartoony: the cheese is sticking out of this one as if its sticking out its tongue to the rest of the world :)

    ReplyDelete