19 July 2011

patience is virtue.

This is probably a lesson that my mom has been trying to teach me for a while now.  And if she knew that all it would take was some food for motivation, she'd probably would have used it to her advantage earlier!

Well, I know it's been a while since I've had a posted anything on here, so I have a lot to update you on.

I could talk about the Breakfast of the Champions that Rukhaiya and I put together after pulling an all-nighter just talking about life.  This breakfast (oh, it just doesn't feel right when I don't capitalize it...so, Breakfast, it is!)....so, this Breakfast consisted of vanilla-cinnamon pancakes, hash browns, scrambled eggs, and bhindi (aka okra? for those, non-Indians reading this...). Everything was super delicious!

Don't tell Rukhaiya, but I actually never ate the bhindi....but I'm sure it also tasted delicious....

the entire Breakfast

the hash browns
the delicious made-from-scratch pancakes
the bhindi
So, after that....actually, I think it was a few nights before that, we had a dinner for champions. It was EPIC. Essentially one of my friends who had been severely busy the last two years of his life....too busy to come over and have a home-cooked meal cooked by yours truly, finally made time to come over for dinner! And, since he is Rukhaiya's and my friend, we both went berserk and cooked essentially as much as we could....probably not the natural reaction of two 19-year-old girls, but it's whatevs-evs.
We enjoy cooking! .....alright, so we made palak paneer, egg curry, chicken curry, and Thai string beans stir fry and fried rice. Oh. My. God. That was seriously one of the tastiest meals I have eaten in my entire life.....SO good.

see what I mean?! it even looks epic!

And probably lastly, I will describe to you tonight's meal. Quite simple, but still quite tasty. So, I made a shrimp curry, which took probably around 20-30 minutes to cook....not bad at all.


But that wasn't it. I know, I know--any meal that can be made in 30 minutes clearly isn't complete. So, we rectified the situation by making pakoras...a very time-consuming food to cook, with what the besan-mixing, oil-heating, vegetable-cutting, and pakora-frying....

However, it was all worth it...see?

pyaaz (onion) & zucchini pakora
oh, and Rukhaiya made this AWESOME sauce/chutney thing....she mixed Maggi Hot & Sweet sauce, dhuniya (coriander) chutney, and ketchup together to make a delicious dipping sauce for the pakoras.

yummy!

Also, this blog has served as a slight reality check....that I cook a lot. Hm. I wonder if that needs to be changed....






LOL JK. yeah, that's not happening any time soon :)

2 comments:

  1. You are quite a cook and a photographer --add that to all the things you do so well -one super gal :) wish you all the best with your blog -- looking forward to seeing lots more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Realy nice food, you just made me hungry :)

    ReplyDelete